Monday, February 09, 2009

More workshop fun

An update: Got the cover sketch from Roe. I am soooo excited! It's a fun cover--basically the characters gathered for a group shot in front of the Citrus Stars hotel. It was just an outline sketch, though, so I'm not posting it, though.

Last day of the conference is today. I've ahd a terrific time, but am suffering from BICHOK. (Butt in chair, hands on keyboard) Last night, I actually sat on an ice pack, that's how sore I am from sitting. If I ever have to do a story with a character on bedrest, I can now relate.I'm actually reclined on the couch today. Thursday, I'll try to give you some stats of the conference.

Devon's Dialogue workshop was, once again, one of the most fun for me. I used it to work on some scenes for the next DragonEye story, GapMan! Here's a snippet:


Ronnie set his elbows on the railing beside him. The scaffolding creaked at the change in weight, but he ignored it, intent on the scene below.

Captain Infinity had delivered the usual lines of "You fiend! You won't get away with this" and received the obligatory punch in the gut from a stocky dwarf minion--Kent, Ronnie realized. Hawgin threw back his head and laughed.

His voice rose. "Show him what awaits his secret beloved!" The minion fangirls bowed and rushed off, stage left. Moments later, a squad of pixies flew in. Ronnie squinted at them.

"Are they glowing?"

Goldleaf's sigh was half groan. "That's the Tweet Troupe. Studied Mundane method acting. Graduates of the 'They Were Discovered' Complete Video Course for the Aspiring Thespian."

"Is the glowing magic, then?"

"Uh, no. Radioactivity."

"For real?"

Goldleaf shrugged. "They snuck through the reactor in Los Lagos. Don't ask me how. They take their art very seriously."



No comments: